If you want to help a person experiencing homelessness on the street and help make Marin a better place to live, you can get involved and make a difference. We have proven that those experiencing homelessness are successful when they are given a roof over their heads.
Here are some the things you can do:
What can residents do?
Our success has been enabled by the support we have gotten from the community. Speak out for the success we are having and the possibility of ending chronic and veteran homelessness. As a resident, you can help us by:
- Going to and speaking out in favor of housing at a local city and County open forum
- Support affordable housing initiatives
- Donate dollars to help us get an individual housed
- Donate your time at one of our great nonprofits that need volunteers
What Can Landlords Do?
We need more of you! More than eighty landlords have joined the Marin Housing Authority Landlord Partnership to support our Counties efforts to house the vulnerable and disadvantaged. This partnership of landlords has been critical in assisting us as we secure scattered units for our most vulnerable. Already, many landlords have stepped up and rented to the folks we are housing. As a landlord, you can help in multiple ways:
- Accept a person with a Housing Choice (Section 8) Voucher (*it is now against the law to discriminate against someone because of their source of income)
- Ask us to help house someone
- Speak to your colleagues about the positive work and outcomes we are having
- Speak up for our efforts at Real Estate conferences
Request more information, email Howard Schwartz.
Are you interested in making a difference financially? There are several ways you can do so. You can give an online donation that will help us house more individuals. You can also donate directly to some of the housing projects we are supporting. If you want to give a substantive donation, to purchase housing or to Opening Doors Marin, please contact Howard Schwartz :email Howard Schwartz.